Get Your City in on the Fun
In anticipation of the 100th Anniversary of Route 66 in 2026, AAA has created a celebratory event, the AAA Route 66 Road Fest. This inaugural weeklong Road Fest will be held in Oklahoma in 2022, beginning in OKC on June 18th and 19th and Tulsa on June 25th and 26th.
To encourage travel along the route in the way of potential “day-trippers” and bite-size itineraries; we are establishing a Route 66 Road Fest Ambassador program. Being a part of the Ambassador Program is free and offers members several opportunities to engage their communities in conjunction with the AAA Route 66 Road Fest.
We welcome all ambassadors and other businesses along Route 66 to create their own unique events for travelers coming in for the Road Fest to complete their Route 66 experience. We can also provide your event some added exposure that could include social media, eblasts and other Road Fest marketing elements. A link to upload your event information in our official Route 66 Road Fest calendar will be provided in your Ambassador approval email along with a few tips on how to maximize your event submission.
To assist with promotion, we will be distributing a Tool Kit to each of our Ambassadors that will include:
- The Official Campaign Video
- Brand Standards Guide including campaign logos, fonts, colors, photos
- Social media graphics and sample outreach copy
- Official Campaign Hashtags
- List of links to key Road Fest website areas – i.e., homepage, tickets, car clubs, vendors
- Digital banners
- Event Posters
- Event flyers
Help Us Roll Out the Red Carpet
In addition to the Tool Kit, you will receive:
- Social Media Mentions on Route 66 social media platforms utilizing #Roadfestambassador
- Listing on Route 66 Road Fest Ambassador Page
- Route66GO App inclusion opportunity
We ask that you:
- Utilize Tool Kit contents- I.e., positioning the posters, decals, and event flyers in your business for public viewing.
- Add/circulate the official Road Fest Event to your website event calendar or other available outlet to increase awareness of our partnership.
- Share Road Fest posts on your social media platforms by utilizing #Roadfestambassador.
The Route66GO App we are creating will utilize interactive technology that can be accessed by PC, phone, or tablet from anywhere. Those who engage in the free Route66GO App will enjoy:
- Privileges, rewards, exclusive experiences, and content.
- Exclusive updates of Route 66 happenings to navigate their road trips with notifications about attractions and special interests.
Route66GO App users will be encouraged to share their travel experiences through photos, reviews and previous trip maps and itineraries.
In addition, as an Ambassador partner, you will be highlighted in the Route66GO App which is scheduled to roll out in the Fall of 2021.