Get Your City in on the Fun
In anticipation of the 100th Anniversary of Route 66 in 2026, AAA has created a celebratory event, the AAA Route 66 Road Fest. This inaugural weeklong Road Fest will be held in Oklahoma in 2022, beginning in Tulsa and ending in OKC.
To encourage travel all along the route in the way of potential “day-trippers” and bite-size itineraries; we are establishing a Route 66 Road Fest Ambassador program. Being a part of the Ambassador Program is free and offers members with several opportunities to engage their communities in conjunction with the AAA Route 66 Road Fest.
We will work with our Ambassadors to foster ideas on how to build a successful experience that complements the other efforts along the Route. Activities to consider could include mini fests, concerts, Route 66 discounts on food and shopping, scavenger hunts, road rallies, classic car displays, motorcycle gatherings, banners, and signage. We will also help promote your activities on our website, social media channels, and paid media.
To assist with promotion, we will be distributing a Tool Kit to each of our Ambassadors that will include:
- The Official Campaign Video
- Brand Standard Guide including campaign logos, fonts, colors, photos
- Social media graphics and sample outreach copy
- Official Campaign Hashtags
- List of links to key Road Fest website areas – i.e., homepage, tickets, car clubs, vendors
- Digital banners
- Official Poster
- Static Cling for windows, cashier area, doors of shop keepers, restaurants
- Event Brochures/Brochure Holders
Help Us Roll Out the Red Carpet
In addition, we are creating a Route 66 Road Fest App using new wave interactive technology that can be accessed by PC, phone, or tablet from anywhere. Those who engage in the free Route 66 Road Fest App will enjoy:
- Privileges, rewards, exclusive experiences, and content.
- Exclusive updates of Route 66 happenings to navigate their road trips with notifications about attractions and special interests.
Route 66 Road Fest App users will be encouraged to share their travel experiences through photos, reviews, previous trip maps and itineraries. The Road Fest App is scheduled to roll out in the first quarter of 2021.